Morning Read: Donald Trump says he likes local school boards, but don’t tell that to Los Angeles
LA School Report | May 6, 2016
Your donation will help us produce journalism like this. Please give today.
Trump tussled with Los Angeles school board over historical hotel
Donald Trump had a bitter public feud with the LAUSD school board over the Ambassador Hotel, where he wanted to build a 125-story office tower. The site of the Robert F. Kennedy assassination in 1968 was preserved and is now the site of six autonomous pilot schools serving more than 3,000 students.
By Andrew Ujifusa, EdWeek
- O.C. Board of Education to consider investigating member’s emails about sexual orientation, Los Angeles Times
- Survey: Nearly half of teachers would quit now for higher-paying job, USA Today
- Should you trust a computer to grade your child’s writing on Common Core tests?, Washington Post
- Your kid might be ‘addicted’ to tech. Is that a problem?, Los Angeles Times
- Linked Learning grads cross the ‘bridge’ to Cal State LA, LAUSD Daily
- Must-see: Mississippi dads turn out to give high-fives to students on their first day of standardized tests, The 74