Events: Discussion of Charter Schools
Brianna Sacks | July 9, 2013
Your donation will help us produce journalism like this. Please give today.
“We are NOT trying to shut down charter schools,” said TEACH hosts, Robin Potash, Susan Philips, Sharon Stricker, Danny Feingold, Rabbi Jonathan Klein and former LAUSD School Board President Jackie Goldberg. “We do want to promote Transparency, Equity, and Accountability and want to support the rights of parents and students.”
At the event, TEACH will answer specific questions, such as:
• How much money is spent on administrators, teachers, and other school personnel?
• What do the CEO, CAO, and CFO each get paid?
• How does a charter explain why they have enrolled so few students with Special Needs as compared to the numbers in nearby schools?
• What voice do parents have in charter schools?
• Why aren’t charter Board meetings open to the parents, and the community?
• How many charters have been closed because of financial mismanagement?
The event [464 Lucas Street, Room 202 (Free, on-site parking) 6:00 to 8:00 pm] is open to the public and will also address many other questions regarding charter school enrollment, finances and student demographics.