Top 5 Lessons From the Deasy Comeback Story
LA School Report | October 30, 2013
Get stories like this delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for the LA School Report newsletter.
Now that the LA Unified school district leadership is back to work after a day of maybe-this and what about-that, here are a few takeaways from yesterday’s drama leading to the school board surprise renewal of Superintendent John Deasy’s contract (live links send you to the full stories):
1. Grassroots support may actually matter if it appears spontaneous.
2. LAUSD Board members could learn a few lessons from kids in the sandbox.
3. Leaked information should always be viewed with skepticism.
4. The teachers union may want to consider a top-notch PR firm.
5. It’s not over ’til it’s over.