Top 5 Lessons From the Deasy Comeback Story
LA School Report | October 30, 2013
Your donation will help us produce journalism like this. Please give today.
Now that the LA Unified school district leadership is back to work after a day of maybe-this and what about-that, here are a few takeaways from yesterday’s drama leading to the school board surprise renewal of Superintendent John Deasy’s contract (live links send you to the full stories):
1. Grassroots support may actually matter if it appears spontaneous.
2. LAUSD Board members could learn a few lessons from kids in the sandbox.
3. Leaked information should always be viewed with skepticism.
4. The teachers union may want to consider a top-notch PR firm.
5. It’s not over ’til it’s over.