LASR poll: The biggest challenge for LAUSD’s next superintendent?
LA School Report | October 22, 2015
Your donation will help us produce journalism like this. Please give today.
The LA Unified school board is currently on the hunt for a new superintendent and may hire one by the end of the year.
Needless to say, it will not be a simple task for whoever succeeds Ramon Cortines: The district is facing a growing list of formidable challenges, including several that have generated negative headlines around the country.
As the board faces this crucial decision, what do you think is the most important challenge facing the new superintendent?
Vote in our poll below and let your voice be heard.
For background, here are stories on the various issues:
- LA Unified board approves plan to ease graduation requirements
- Cost to modernize every LAUSD school? Think $40 billion
- LA Unified moving slowly toward goals of technology in the classroom
- Union leaders, former LAUSD board president attack Broad charter plan
- LAUSD headed for future showdown with UTLA over health benefits
- LAUSD scores well below state average on new tests
- Lawsuit: LAUSD depriving high-needs students of $2 billion
- LAUSD slapped with $1 billion lawsuit to end teacher jails