Morning Read: LAUSD alerts parents over release of student personal data
LA School Report | February 25, 2016
Get stories like this delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for the LA School Report newsletter.
Court orders release of personal data for 10 million+ CA students
LAUSD has been using its “robo call” system to alert parents to the data release and tell them how to opt out via the California Department of Education web site.
- Editorial: Keep student data private in special-ed lawsuit, Los Angeles Times
- Madison Avenue advises schools on how to talk to parents about absenteeism, EdSource
- Changes coming to LCAP, pressure for more continues, Cabinet Report
- More students are passing at least one AP test during high school, Washington Post
- Senators want to know more about how districts spend funding, EdSource
- Feds try to take mentoring to scale, keep kids in school, San Jose Mercury News
- Students explore Earth and beyond with virtual field trips, THE Journal