Morning Read: 160 LAUSD schools reexamining dress codes after student complaints
LA School Report | February 22, 2016
Your donation will help us produce journalism like this. Please give today.
Dozens of L.A. schools need to check if dress codes keep students out of class
About 160 schools in L.A. Unified’s central area will be asked to reexamine their dress codes to make sure students are not missing class time because of their clothes.
Los Angeles Times, by Sonali Kohli
- Will California use chronic absenteeism as a new metric of school success, EdSource
- Teenage boy in sexual relationship with San Pedro High School teacher sues LAUSD, Daily Breeze
- In the age of Common Core, states are still defining ‘proficient’ differently, Washington Post
- North Hollywood High wins regional Science Bowl, will compete in Washington DC, Los Angeles Daily News
- A rising call to promote STEM education and cut liberal arts funding, New York Times