Morning Read: Is a school good or bad? State tries to figure it out
Mike Szymanski | March 11, 2016
Your donation will help us produce journalism like this. Please give today.
What exactly is a good school? California is trying to find out
The California State Board of Education on Thursday heard from about 60 people who commented on how to define a good or bad school. Some focused on “school climate,” or how students felt in school, and relationships with teachers.
Los Angeles Times, by Joy Resmovits
- Malibu wants its own school district, but a split from Santa Monica might require ‘alimony,’ Los Angeles Times
- LAUSD offers new online resources for art study, Park LaBrea News
- Cornell program at LAUSD helps kids make better food choices, KABC-7
- LAUSD has itself to blame for teacher shortage, City Watch LA
- LAUSD to address loss of revenue to nonpublic agencies due to December terrorist threat, Public Now
- Anaheim City School District re-brands to Anaheim Elementary School District, Orange County Breeze