Morning Read: LA County special education services in ‘crisis,’ report finds
LA School Report | March 10, 2016
Get stories like this delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for the LA School Report newsletter.
Education division has ‘no vision’ for how to help students with disabilities
Some students with disabilities in Los Angeles County are getting shortchanged by the bureaucracy that is supposed to ensure they receive a good education, according to a consultant’s report.
Los Angeles Times, by Joy Resmovits
- LA Unified staff rejecting more charter applications, but the school board isn’t always on the same page, KPCC
- 18 teen wrestlers allegedly molested by Torrance High coach sue district, administrators, Daily Breeze
- LA Unified teachers — but not administrators — will escape budget-related layoffs this year, Los Angeles Times
- House in Washington state approves bill to keep charter schools open, clearing way for passage, Seattle Times
- Elevated lead levels found in Newark Schools’ drinking water, New York Times
- Detroit schools are in financial crisis and won’t be able to pay teachers after April 8, Washington Post